Monday 5 September 2016

Removing Dollfie Dream Doll's Stain Experiment


We all know that one of the cons owning  Dollfie Dream (DD) doll is staining problem. Compare to resin ball jointed doll, DD has vinyl surface which tend to get easily stain with clothe dye.



Its all weather factor too, such air humidity made the clothe dye runs down. As DD owner, getting dark coloured clothes is fearsome. We do everything to reduce the possibility of staining such soak in water mixed with vinegar and washing the clothe.

Click here on : Tutorial: How to Color Lock and Stain Proof Dollfie Dream Clothing 
by Gabihime in Figure.fm

If inevitable staining does occur, where you neither can't wet wipe or erase ( by using normal clean stationery pencil eraser ) to remove the stain, there's alternative by using substance that has 10% Benzoyl Peroxide.  In this case, I'm using the easiest product I could find in local store, Mentholatum Oxy 10 !


credit photo to Ivymedia.com

Inspired from this blog post , click here , I decided to try it out myself since my Misa has stain on her head from wig cap dye.



Here you can see red circle marks where the stains are. It's not that deep, but from bare eyes you can see the difference and it itched me to let Misa has the stains.

(Even though, its not a matter because I could cover them with wig). I love to keep my dolls clean.

First, I have to remove the eyes because I need to leave the head under normal temperature open space. To protect the faceup from the cream, I wrap Misa's head with some tissues and masking tape.


" Oh no ! Misa's now a mummy "

Then, take squeeze supple amount of Oxy 10 cream with your finger and apply ONLY to the stained spots.


I applied a line of Oxy because there's a light line stain from wig cap's line

An alternative, some will wrap the head with food plastic wrap to preserve the moist of the cream longer when leaving the head to dry.

P/S :  Oxy 10 cream tend to harden after leave for some time, so when it's still moist , the restoration process is on going.

credits photo to Crafty Chick

Next, we will leave the Oxy 10 cream does its job. It will take quite sometime, depends on your weather and room humidity. The best is on hot day under shade or leave the head under heat lamp.
(I'm not feeling secure leaving DD under hot sun ray ^^,)

I was using table lamp and the head is under plastic cover in case to protect from dusk

Usually it takes 72 hours to make the stained area fades. Let the waiting game begins!

Important!
Every 24 hours, I will check the head condition and re-apply the cream as it dried out. We need it to be moist for the stain removing process. 

Do wipe the harden cream with wet clean clothe / tissue, white one the best, we don't want coloured clothe dye adding the problem.


After 3 days waiting, here are the result !


Yay! The stains are faded. Now Misa is clean. Thus, convinced that this method is really works!
In case there's still obvious stain spot, just repeat the process until you're satisfied. It's all about patient.

P/S : Oh yes, I read thinner also helped remove the DD's stain, however, the substance is too strong for DD material and it might erode the surface when apply for quite a period.

That's all from me. Do share this blog post when you find this useful! ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

No comments:

Post a Comment